MOORESVILLE, N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE) — Mooresville musician Kayla Vega will dedicate her American Idol audition this weekend to her friend and fallen police officer Jordan Sheldon, news partner WSIC reports.
Sheldon was killed in the line of duty in May while conducting a traffic stop
“I told him I was going to audition for American Idol and he told me to never give-up on my dreams,” says Vega. “I just want to do this for him because he was living his dream.”
Following the suggestion of Jordan’s brother Carson, Kayla will perform Queen’s “Somebody to Love” at her audition Sunday.
MORE ON FALLEN OFFICER JORDAN SHELDON:
- Father of slain Mooresville police officer says son was ‘born to be a cop’
- Homicide investigation completed in death of Mooresville K-9 Officer Sheldon
- ‘We are absolutely speechless’: More than $8K raised at Mooresville coffee shop for local K-9 Units
- Mooresville coffee shop to donate 100 percent of Wednesday’s proceeds to local K-9 units
- Florida boy, 10, runs mile for fallen officer Jordan Sheldon