CHARLOTTE, N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE)- Hungry Heroes partnered with a local church to serve up well-deserved meals to first responders in the area.
The event was held at the Police and Fire Training Academy on Shopton Road on Friday, Oct. 23. Hungry Heroes and New City Church teamed up, giving first responders free hot dog lunch plates.
“New City Church of Charlotte contacted us and wanted to give back and wanted to serve first responders. They saw us on social media, and probably the news, and they donated everything today. We also have church members here to give back and to actually serve,” a Hungry Heroes volunteer told FOX 46.
Hungry Heroes has held several events for first responders in the Charlotte area before, all to give back to those on the front lines.
MORE FROM FOX 46 CHARLOTTE
- Biden meets with business leaders amid new push for Build Back Better
- Fed plans to raise rates as soon as March to cool inflation
- Wintry Mix: Upcoming storm to bring rain, sleet and snow to the Carolinas
- ‘Our laws have to catch up’: Expert weighs in as Charlotte woman sentenced for sex trafficking teen girl
- Bakin’ 9 to 5: Dolly Parton rolling out limited-edition baking mixes