Fire breaks out in trash compactor at CMC- University

News

Credit: Michael Bowman

CHARLOTTE, NC (FOX 46 WJZY) — A fire broke out near the Carolinas Medical Center’s University Hospital late Wednesday evening.

The fire was outside of the building. A large trash compactor went up in flames, generating a high amount of heat and smoke.

The fire was put out after 20 minutes and the call for the second alarm was canceled shortly after the first crew arrived on scene. 

No injuries have been reported. 

 

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

More Viral