One person is dead and another hospitalized after a blaze broke out at a Gaston County duplex, according to the Red Cross.
The fire was reported at a duplex near McAdenville Rd. and Mill St. around 5:00 p.m. Officials tell FOX 46 that someone had been cooking in an apartment when the fire began.
One man was found dead and his wife was taken to the hospital with burns on her back after the flames broke out.
“The lady in the apartment that burned so bad, she has burns on her back. She’s shook up, she’s in shock,” said Roxy Rutledge from the American Red Cross.
A woman in an adjacent apartment has been displaced by the fire. She is being helped by the American Red Cross.
Officials say the fire remains under investigaton.